DevBlog #2 - Already is 2021 so...
Here we are, 2021, also known as 2020 v2.0 or 2020B, as you prefer. With the IndyCar season about to start, I would like to explain a few things so as not to create any kind of expectations that I will not meet.
No plans for a 2021 mod
For the first time since 2011, I do not plan to make a mod for the current IndyCar season. From complete mods to absolute jokes, I have had mixed results over the years, but I always had the plan, the idea of making these mods, whether to achieve it or not was another matter, however, in 2021, things will be different and from the beginning already I announce that I don’t intend to deal with it now.
I think it's good to explain before the season starts to avoid any expectations from the community.
Reasons why you won't will have a 2021 mod (from VSM):
- I haven't finished the 2020 mod as wanted and I refuse to start a new mod and leave the old ones incomplete. (No, I can't move them both at the same time).
- I am really in a wave of finishing projects, over the years I started a lot that did not have the proper attention, so the time has come to finish these projects.
- To be honest, for the first time since 2000's C.A.R.T season (the first season I watched in my life), I'm not looking forward to the start of an IndyCar season. After decades defending the series (ah! The internet forums ...) I got tired, for the first time I am not so happy with the direction of the category. I know it is curious that it comes now that the few fans that are left after all are excited about the new administration, but to me, it already seems to me to be a path of no return. I really think it will be the first year that I will only watch the Indy500 and maybe not even that.
- This is a little caused by the projects that I left behind and now I want to finish, but in the coming months, VSM will be more about old (even if not too old) racing content than current content.
- Professional projects are really taking my time away. I don't even know if I could keep the mod up to date anyway.
- Historical mod
- Multi-Season (a lot)
- I've released some prints over the years.
- It will be for Automobilista
And to finish, another thing that really took me seriously. As is well known, I deleted all F1C content from my MEGA accounts and kept only a few mods that I still play today, such as Virtua-LM SCC for personal use. This did not prevent a certain Argentine producer (THAT ONE) from flagging my personal MEGA account for copyright. And you know what's funnier? VSM as far as I can remember never kept mods converted from their games and definitely when they flagged it, I had NO Argentine content hosted.
They have a looooooooong history of being stupid, and they just wrote another chapter. If you look up “IDIOT” in the dictionary, you will probably find their logo there.